Photography is a skill that very few people are blessed with. Not everyone can get that perfect shot, like a professional photographer. So we always settle in for sub-par shots taken from our phone , be it on our own city or while on the move. Travel photo shoot is even more trickier as it involves both the subject and the background. I have personally asked a few passerby to click a pic of myself while visiting a place and honestly , I’ve never been impressed by with the angle or the way it’s clicked
Hiring a photographer however can be a tricky one, be it in a different city or in your home city too. There isn’t a central forum to pick a professional photographer and you wouldn’t be aware of references for a high quality photographer at an economical price. And even if you do manage to contact someone, they might not be available at your given date. Vice versa, I have seen very good photographers find it hard to get good clients as well , for various reasons, including lack of visibility
Shootme.In solves the problem for both parties.. An on-demand photography service, where a person can book a photographer for a quick photoshoot easily through the website.. Essentially connects the photographer with the user with pre-defined packages.
How does Shootme.in Work?
Shootme works similar like an Uber for photography and primarily for travel photo shoot, but can be availed for other occasions too. It is now available live across Bali, Sydney, Dubai and all major cities in India. Here is how it works :
- Simply search for the destination you are currently present.
- Choose the date and select your package (2 hours / 4 hours/ 8 hours)
- You’ll be provided with a list of available professional photographers, along with their portfolio. The choice is fully yours to choose the kind of photographer you like from the options available.
- Choose a great location for your shoot and coordinate with the photographer . He might even give you a couple of great posing tips for the perfect click 🙂
- A few days later, you’ll get the edited and raw pictures from the Shootme team.
Occasions for a Shootme photoshoot
Here are the possible scenarios where you might need Shootme
- Heading for a mini trip on vacation and may need some great clicks for your travel feed , either for your social media or your memories too.
- Planning for a Pre-Wedding Photoshoot or even a Post wedding / first anniversary shoot
- Social Media Revamp – Transform your entire social media content with some high-definition photos of yourself and make them stand out in Instagram or Facebook
- Need a nice portfolio of shots for your career pictures
- Photography for a mini friends/family reunion
- A small one day function at home
How much does a Travel Photo shoot Cost?
A 2 hours photo-shoot with 20 HD Pics cost 4000. 4hours with 40 HD Pics cost 8000 and a full day photo-shoot cost 12000. For complete pricing details, do check out their website
My Personal photo shoot Experience with Shootme.in
I employed Shootme’s services a few weeks back for a travel photography shoot. Theme was beaches & nature. The photo shoot arrangement was smooth and quick and professional. I chose my location as Mahabalipuram ( 60 kms from Chennai) and the photographer came on time to the shoot location. I got a lot of ideas to get the right angle and some location suggestions for the clicks.
The photographer’s camera and the expensive lenses he used was also very impressive. The photographer was super flexible, polite, patient and was very helpful in getting the right look for me. At one point he even offered me his RoyalEnfield bike for a pose .
Post the photoshoot , I got a set of edited and raw pictures from Shootme in just 3-4 days. I was pretty happy with most of the clicks and the edits. Probably the ones where I felt the edit was a bit too sharp, I requested for the raw click. I then got my own version of editing done through Snapseed.
Being a photo conscious person, this photoshoot really brought my comfort factor up and made me pose for these photos.
What can be improved?
Users can be given a choice on what are the pics to be edited. 20 pictures for a 2 hour shoot could be lesser and I feel there shouldn’t be any limitations of the number of pictures given to the user (Maybe 20 can be edited, and rest can be raw format too). In my personal opinion, the pricing for 2 and 4 hour photoshoot can be revised and marginally reduced for more affordability. This will allow more users to avail the wonderful concept and get themselves a really professional shoot..
So next time you head for a mini staycation , you might as well hire a nice photographer for your trip from Shootme 🙂